Christmas is thin on the ground, Rehana surmised. After two days of deliberation, she threw another glance at Bridget Jones’s list of Dos & Don’ts for her New Year Resolution. Which one to leave out? She was still swinging on the horns of dilemma…
- Spend more than earn.
- Behave sluttishly around the house, but instead, imagine others are watching.
- Fall for any of following: alcoholics, workaholics, commitment phobics, people with girlfriends or wives, misogynists, megalomaniac, chauvinists, emotional fuckwits or freeloaders, perverts.
- Bitch about anyone behind their backs but be positive about everyone.
- Have crushes on men, but instead form relationships based on a mature assessment of character.
- Obsess about Daniel Cleaver as pathetic to have a crush on boss in manner of Miss Moneypenny or similar.
- Sulk about having no boyfriend, but develop inner poise and authority and sense of self as women of substance, complete without boyfriend, as best way to obtain boyfriend.
- Stop smoking.
- Be more confident.
- Be more assertive.
- Make better use of time.
- Eat more pulses.
- Get up straight away when get up in mornings.
- Reduce circumference of thighs by 3 inches (i.e 1 1/2 inches each)
- Be kinder and help others more.
- Drink no more than fourteen alcohol units a week.
- Improve career and find a new job with potential.
- Form functional relationship with responsible adult.
- Purge flat of all extraneous matters.
Which one will you choose and which ones will you expunge? Please do comment in the comment box.
Thanks for reading.
P.S. : The post is inspired from ‘Bridget Jones Diary’ written by Helen Fielding.